In preparation for the spring course, Äldreförvaltningen (Elderly Services Administration) and Stadsbyggnadskontoret (Urban Planning Office) provided challenges for the students to work on.
Elderly Services Administration (Äldreförvaltningen) provided the following challenge:
- How can we make it easier for elderly individuals to take part in activities that prevent ill health, and provide social, physical and/or cognitive stimulation?
Urban Planning Office (Stadsbyggnadskontoret) provided the following challenge:
- How can we increase the opportunities for increased participation in the development of the city?
- Based on the assignment on concept-driven urban development, concretise this idea in a project addressing what can be done with temporary projects in public spaces. While physically designing a project, analyse the drivers and obstacles for implementation in Stockholm.
- Based on the conclusions from the dialogue project, determine how to engage more Stockholm residents in the city’s development.
Stockholm County Council provided the following challenge:
- How can we facilitate the implementation of the knowledge that already exists in preventing falls among the elderly?